Pop-Up Workforce Centers, Youth Event & Easy Appointment Booking
Workforce Solutions Deep East Texas Continues Efforts to Connect
People with Jobs and Businesses with Qualified Candidates
Workforce Solutions Deep East Texas continues in June to offer a multi-pronged free approach to helping Deep East Texas businesses thrive and get individuals back to work or on a path to sustainable careers. The latest job openings in the region are updated weekly, visit https://detwork.org/job-seekers/jobs-now.
Pop-Up Workforce Centers
To bring services closer to residents of the rural communities, Workforce Solutions Deep East Texas is partnering with local organizations and offering pop-up centers. Individuals have access to useful tools for finding a job, improving skills, and furthering or changing careers.
- Wednesday, June 22, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., at the Arthur Temple Memorial Library, 106 Timberland St., Pineland
- Thursday, June 23, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., Allan Shivers Library & Museum, 302 N. Charlton, Woodville
- Tuesday, June 28, 9 a.m. to 12 noon, at the San Augustine Career Center, 1002 Barrett St., San Augustine
- Wednesday, June 29, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., at the JR Huffman Library, 375 Sabine St., Hemphill
Thursday, June 9, 10 a.m. Youth ages 18-24 are invited to Workforce Solutions Deep East Texas – Shelby County (145 Catco Drive, Center, TX 75935) for a workshop to explore careers and learn about training opportunities. They will be able to take the Texas Reality Check and explore high demand occupations using Virtual Reality Headsets. To register or learn more, call Misty Wright at 936-598-2468, ext. 5723.
Free Online Learning with SkillUp Deep East Texas
Residents of Deep East Texas have free access to over 6,000 online learning courses to build skills and knowledge. SkillUp Deep East Texas is a cost-effective opportunity for people to develop certificate-based job skills and upgrade their existing skill levels without additional expenses for travel, childcare and program fees. Participants receive digital badges or certificates as they complete each training session. SkillUp Deep East Texas offers free access to workplace, business, and IT/software courses, as well as offering Texans the ability to explore career pathways in over 200 occupations. For individuals, the courses are a friendly and convenient way to increase skills, change industries, find a new career, or gain better employment in a high-demand industry. Courses are delivered through Metrix Learning provided by Skillsoft, the training provider for more than half the Fortune 500 companies. To get started, visit https://detwork.skillupamerica.org/ or contact a Workforce Solutions Deep East Texas center.
Child Care Assistance
Parents who are working or attending school may be eligible for help paying their child care expenses. Learn more: https://detwork.org/child-care-services/parents.
Workforce Centers are Open
The six Workforce Solutions Deep East Texas centers are OPEN, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m.to 5 p.m. Specialists are available to help with: job readiness, resume assistance, job search, skills training, paid work experience, in-person and virtual workshops, support services, and more. Individuals can book an appointment with a workforce specialist.
- ANGELINA COUNTY, (936) 639-1351, 210 N. John Redditt, Lufkin (Open until 7 p.m. Mon-Thurs)
- HOUSTON COUNTY, (936) 544-7859, 1505 S. 4th Street, Crockett
- JASPER COUNTY, (409) 384-9031, 799 W. Gibson, Ste. 300, Jasper
- NACOGDOCHES COUNTY, (936) 560-1441, 235 N. University Dr., Nacogdoches
- POLK COUNTY, (936) 327-5421, 1241 West Church, Ste. 300, Livingston
- SHELBY COUNTY, (936) 598-2468, 145 Catco Drive, Center
For those who have symptoms or diagnosis of COVID-19 or those who have been in contact with anyone with symptoms or diagnosis of COVID-19, please call for virtual assistance.
Workforce Solutions Deep East Texas offers job fairs across the 12-county region. In-person and virtual assistance with registering, preparing for, and attending the events is available at the six workforce centers.