- Join the team shaping Western Australia’s distinctive Landscape Architecture program, equipping graduates for exciting careers in one of the key professions of the future.
- Full-time tenurable appointment
- Base salary range: Level B $105,043 – $ $124,301 p.a. OR Level C $128,152 – $147,413 plus 17% superannuation
The University of Western Australia (UWA) is ranked among the top 100 universities in the world and a member of the prestigious Australian Group of Eight research intensive universities. With a strong research track record, vibrant campus and working environments, supported by the freedom to innovate and inspire, there is no better time to join Western Australia’s top university.
About the team
UWA Design is a multi-disciplinary School offering undergraduate and postgraduate programs in Architecture, Landscape Architecture, Urban Design, History of Art and Fine Arts. The School is organised into the correlating five discipline groups, and it additionally houses the Australian Urban Design Research Centre (AUDRC). Architecture is the largest in terms of teaching, staffing and student cohort. The School produces internationally renowned research across scholarship and creative practice in areas including housing futures; social impact design; product design and fabrication; renewable materials; urban ecology; design for human and environmental health; and architectural history and theory. Our School is future-focused and comprehensively prepares graduates for successful entry into their chosen career or into further study or research.
About the opportunity
The role carries the expectation that the individual will support the strategic ambitions of the Landscape Architecture discipline to drive a future-focused and outward looking teaching and research agenda, grounded in our unique positioning on the Indian Ocean Rim in the world’s most populous region and in an environment of extraordinary biodiversity.
An individual appointed to this role will contribute to teaching as well as the development of curriculum in the undergraduate and postgraduate Landscape Architecture programs. They will be involved in supervision of research students at Master and HDR levels; demonstrate research-led teaching; demonstrate experience in landscape architecture practice or/and applications of research, and play a significant part in enhancing the research performance in Landscape Architecture. The role expects that the individual will attract research funds and develop collaborations with researchers and partners within and outside the School. The appointee will play a significant part in further developing the international reputation of the discipline; and contribute to the core service activities of the School and to the University’s community and engagement agenda.
We are looking for an exceptional individual to contribute to the achievement of our strategic educational, research and engagement aspirations in Landscape Architecture, building capacity amongst our staff and shaping vital future careers for students and graduates.
To be considered for this role, you will demonstrate:
- Professional qualification in Landscape Architecture (Master of Landscape Architecture or equivalent)
- PhD in Landscape Architecture or related field (for Level B, completed or due to complete within 12 months)
- Successful record of developing, coordinating and delivering high quality teaching at undergraduate and postgraduate levels in landscape architecture studio and other core units (including within the theory, technical and professional streams)
- Demonstrated experience in developing, coordinating and teaching units or courses utilising the potential of new educational technologies and a commitment to pursue the best educational practices, including online and other forms of new media teaching, and to implement institutional goals at UWA
- Evidence of applications or willingness to apply for research or other external funding and/or forming research collaborations with multiple stakeholders
- Evidence of the capacity to supervise postgraduate and HDR research students
- Registered, or eligible to be registered, as a Landscape Architect within Western Australia is desirable
- Research and/or professional experience in Landscape Architecture, or related field, is desirable
About your application
Full details of the position’s responsibilities and the selection criteria are outlined in the position description: PD – Lecturer or Senior Lecturer (Landscape) 512593.docx
You are required to address the selection criteria in your submission in a separate document. For information to assist you with compiling statements to answer the selection criteria, please visit Addressing the selection criteria
Closing date: 11:55 PM AWST on Friday 20th January 2023
To learn more about this opportunity, please contact Carla Schurmann at [email protected]
This position is only open to applicants with relevant rights to work in Australia.
Application Details: Please apply online via the Apply Now button.
Our commitment to inclusion and diversity
UWA is committed to a diverse workforce and an equitable and inclusive workplace. We celebrate difference and believe diversity is fundamental to achieving our goals as a globally recognised Top 100 educational and research institution. We are committed to creating a safe work environment for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, the LGBTIQA+ community and people living with disability.
- We have a globally competitive, gender neutral parental leave policy with 26 weeks paid leave after 12 months service and 36 weeks after 5 years.
- We have on-campus childcare facilities for child 6 weeks to kindy.
- We facilitate flexible working, with part-time and job-sharing arrangements considered.
- We have an ongoing partnership with Pride in Diversity and were recently awarded a Bronze Employer status for LGBTIQA+ inclusion.
- We have Athena SWAN Bronze accreditation and actively work to improve gender equity.
Should you have any queries relating to your application, please contact the individual named in the advertisement. Alternatively, contact the Talent team at [email protected] with details of your query. To enable a quick response, please include the 6-digit job reference number and a member of the team will respond to your enquiry