- Exciting and rare opportunity to join a new research training centre awarded through the Australian Research Council (ARC) Industrial Transformation Training Centres scheme
- Level 8, full-time appointment on a fixed term basis for 12 months
- Base salary range: $103,364 – $112,981 p.a. plus 17% superannuation
The University of Western Australia (UWA) is ranked amongst the top 100 universities in the world and a member of the prestigious Australian Group of Eight research-intensive universities. With an enviable research track record, vibrant campus and working environments, supported by the freedom to ‘innovate and inspire’ there is no better time to join Western Australia’s top university.
About the team
The ARC Training Centre for Next-Gen Technologies in Biomedical Analysis, led by Associate Professor Killugudi Swaminatha-Iyer, will deliver a workforce trained in the development of transformative technologies that will rapidly expand the Australian pharmaceutical, diagnostic and defence sector.
The centre will increase Australia’s manufacturing capability by fast tracking screening, and integrating 3D printing, advanced sensing, big data analytics, machine learning and artificial intelligence for the delivery of optimal solutions in diagnosis, treatment and wellbeing.
About the opportunity
Reporting directly to Associate Professor Swaminatha-Iyer, you will provide a streamlined business capability that encourages the translation of UWA training centre’s knowledge into real world change in industry and government, contributing to UWA’s revenue targets and embedment with external partners.
To be considered for this role, you will demonstrate:
- Relevant tertiary qualification or demonstrated equivalent competency
- Experience producing and managing digital content, advertising material and websites
- Experience in effective office management and practices, with the ability to identify gaps and implement effective administrative systems and practices
- Experience in basic financial reporting and budget summaries
- Excellent interpersonal, networking, negotiation, written and verbal communication skills including the ability to research and write reports
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to long term planning and strategic direction at an influential level
- Strong analytical and problem-solving ability
This position will require you to hold a current “C” class driver’s licence and provide your own vehicle. There will be occasional interstate and intrastate travel may be required.
You will possess high quality customer service as part of external engagement and demonstrate ability to work independently, show initiative and lead a team. You will also have an excellent planning and organisational skills with the ability to set priorities and meet deadlines.
About your application
You are required to address the selection criteria in your submission in a separate document. For information to assist you with compiling statements to answer the selection criteria, please visit Addressing the selection criteria.
Closing date: Wednesday, 7 September 2022
To learn more about this opportunity, please contact Associate Professor Killugudi Swaminatha-Iyer on email [email protected].
This position is only open to applicants with relevant rights to work in Australia.
Application Details: Please apply online via the Apply Now button.
Our commitment to inclusion and diversity
UWA is committed to a diverse workforce. We celebrate inclusion and diversity and believe gender equity is fundamental to achieving our goal of being a top 50 university by 2050.
- We have child friendly areas on campus, including childcare facilities. Flexible work arrangements, part-time hours and job sharing will all be considered
- UWA has been awarded Bronze Employer Status for being a Top Ten Employer for LGBTI Inclusion by the Australian Workplace Equity Index (AWEI -2021)
- UWA has also been awarded Athena Swan Bronze Accreditation in 2020
Assistance and Support
UWA is committed to inclusive recruitment and is happy to adjust the recruitment process for your accessibility requirements. If you have queries in relation to the application process, please contact [email protected] referencing the 6-digit job reference number and type of communication you prefer, and a member of our team will be in touch to discuss your requirements.