Welcome back, Alpharetta-Milton! I’m here in your inbox today to tell you everything you need to know about what’s going on around town. Today you’ll learn about…
- Warming centers and shelters in the area
- List of Christmas church services
- How to recycle Christmas trees
- Attractions closed due to cold temperatures
But first, today’s weather:
Today will be sunny and breezy with a high of 25 and low of 17.
🏡 Are you looking for a way to differentiate yourself from other real estate agents in Alpharetta-Milton? Our exclusive newsletter sponsorships help you gain valuable exposure and attract new clients. Click here to learn more.
Here are the top stories today in Alpharetta-Milton:
- Due to the cold weather, there are several warming centers and shelters open in the Atlanta area. The centers are short-term locations “to stay warm when temperatures or a combination of precipitation, wind chill, wind, and temperature become dangerously inclement.” A warming shelter also has temporary lodging. Here is a link to places open in our area in Fulton County. https://fultoncountyga.gov/AFC…
- Many churches in our area are having Christmas Eve services today and Christmas Day services tomorrow. Some have child care available and/or are designed for families with small children. Here is a list of where you can go to celebrate Christmas. (Patch)
- When you’re done enjoying your fresh Christmas tree, there’s an easy way to recycle it. Bring it to City of Alpharetta’s ‘Bring One for The Chipper’ event, which will take place at in the parking lot of Home Depot at 5300 Windward Parkway on Jan. 7. It takes place between 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. In January of this year, they took in 1,855 trees that were turned into mulch for playgrounds, parks and other locations. You can also bring Christmas lights to be recycled! (City of Alpharetta GA via Facebook)
- Some attractions in the Atlanta area are closed due to the cold weather. For examples, Six Flags over Georgia is closed, Stone Mountain Park and the Atlanta Zoo were closed yesterday. Double check before you go to any attractions in the area to see if they’re open. (WSB Atlanta)
Today in Alpharetta-Milton:
- Christmas Eve Service at Calvary Chapel Alpharetta,200 James Road in Alpharetta (4:00 PM)
- Christmas Eve Carols Service at Influencers Church Alpharetta, 12150 Morris Road in Alpharetta, GA, 30005 (4:30 PM)
- The Modern Day Nativity Christmas Play at Saint James United Methodist Church, 3000 Webb Bridge Road in Alpharetta (6:00 P.M.)
From my notebook:
- It’s important to prevent your pipes from freezing during this cold snap. Make sure your heat doesn’t go below 55 degrees and disconnect outside hoses. Insulate pipes in cold areas of your home; using heating tape can prevent freezing. In addition, let your cold-water faucet drip overnight. (City of Alpharetta GA via Facebook)
- Due to the holiday, the City of Milton City Hall, Fire and Police administrative offices are closed today through Monday, Dec 26. Everything will reopen on Tuesday, Dec. 26. Of course, the firefighters and police are available 24/7 to the public. (City of Milton, Georgia – Government via Facebook)
- The Ed Isakson/Alpharetta Family YMCA will be closed and/or will have different hours due to the holiday. It will close early at 2 p.m. today and Dec. 31 and will be closed all day on Christmas. It will be open regular hours on Jan. 1. There is a possibility that the hours will change based on the weather; contact the Y to make sure it’s open before you go there. (Ed Isakson/Alpharetta Family YMCA via Facebook)
More from our sponsors — thanks for supporting local news!
Thanks for following along and staying informed. See you all tomorrow for another update!
— Gail Lafleche
Have a news tip or suggestion for an upcoming Alpharetta-Milton Daily? Contact me at [email protected]